Nudists’ area in park has got residents hot under the collar
WE VE all heard of topless beaches, but a borough has gone one step further and given the green light to a nudist area. Part of Gladstone Park, in Dollis Hill, is to be sectioned off and men and women within it will be allowed to go starkers, after the co
WE'VE all heard of topless beaches, but a borough has gone one step further and given the green light to a nudist area.
Part of Gladstone Park, in Dollis Hill, is to be sectioned off and men and women within it will be allowed to go starkers, after the council voted through the proposals this week.
Busty LaRoux, 28, who lives next to the park in Dollis Hill Lane, has spearheaded the campaign.
She said: "We are really excited that Brent Council will boast the capital's first nudist colony. After such a long winter, what better way to make the most of the sunshine and the elements that keep us young than getting naked in your local park?
You may also want to watch:
"People have been crying out for this."
Some councillors remain unsure how more 'traditional' elements of the community will react, but hope the scheme will draw in visitors from neighbouring boroughs.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
But resident Major Nigel Smythe from Dollis Hill, said he was outraged by the plans.
He said: "This is Gladstone Park not Soho. I will be regularly keeping a close look at the area in the next few weeks."
A town hall mandarin said: "Brent is one of the greenest of all London boroughs and Gladstone Park is one of our oldest parks, dating from 1901.
"It has traditionally been used by many different groups.
"The art gallery, tennis courts and allotments are prized by residents and visitors alike and the council welcomes ideas for new facilities in the borough's 1,000 acres of open space."
The nudist area will be formally opened by the council next month.