Notting Hill Carnival means special parking rules in Brent this weekend
PUBLISHED: 11:40 28 August 2015 | UPDATED: 11:48 28 August 2015
Special parking arrangements will be in place in parts of Brent to stop revellers from the Notting Hill Carnival clogging up residential streets.
Under the restrictions drivers will be banned from parking in sections of Kensal Rise, Queen’s Park and Kensal Green on Sunday and Monday unless they have a special permit.
During that time there will be no parking or waiting (including in parking bays) on:
• Banister Road.
• Chamberlayne Road, between Kilburn Lane and Mortimer Road.
• Harrow Road (Kensal Green), between Kilburn Lane and College Road.
• Kilburn Lane, the west and north sides, between Harrow Road (Kensal Green) and the south-western arm of Claremont Road.
• Mortimer Road, the north side only.
• Station Terrace, outside the Kensal Rise tube station entrance/exit.
There will be no parking or waiting (not including in parking bays) on Kilburn Lane, the north side, between the south-western arm of Claremont Road and the north-eastern arm of Claremont Road.
Permit holders of KC and KG zones and their visitors will be able to park within the KL, KR and KQ zones during that time while KR zone permit holders residing in Mortimer Road and their visitors will be able to park within KL and KQ zones.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.