Northwick Park Hospital stroke unit one of the best in the country
North West London Hospitals NHS Trust scores 100 per cent for care
A hospital trust has been ranked as one of the best in the country for stroke prevention surgery.
The Carotid Endartectomy Audit showed every patient at the North West London Hospitals NHS Trust received surgery within 14 days of referral, with a 100 per cent score, putting it at the top of the results table.
The Trust looks after the stroke unit at Northwick Park Hospital in Watford Road, Harrow, as well as Central Middlesex Hospital in Acton Lane, Park Royal, and St Mark’s Hospital in Harrow.
The report concentrates on the time taken for patients displaying symptoms of a stroke or mini-stroke to receive crucial, stroke-preventing surgery of the neck arteries.
You may also want to watch:
Sue Fenwick Elliott, clinical manager for stroke services, said: “We are delighted with this result, which ranks us among the best in the country for the cases reported.
“Northwick Park Hospital now offers a seven-day mini stroke clinic and daily liaison with the vascular team, which ensures that patients are on a fast track as soon as they arrive and have rapid access to the most appropriate treatment.
- 1 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 4 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 5 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 6 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 7 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 8 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 9 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 10 Wealdstone still chasing new signings but patience is key, says Maynard
“With plans to expand the service to become a regional vascular unit, we aim to do better still and deliver access to surgery with 48 hours of referral for the majority of patients.”