Northwick Park Hospital stroke unit one of the best in the country
North West London Hospitals NHS Trust scores 100 per cent for care
A hospital trust has been ranked as one of the best in the country for stroke prevention surgery.
The Carotid Endartectomy Audit showed every patient at the North West London Hospitals NHS Trust received surgery within 14 days of referral, with a 100 per cent score, putting it at the top of the results table.
The Trust looks after the stroke unit at Northwick Park Hospital in Watford Road, Harrow, as well as Central Middlesex Hospital in Acton Lane, Park Royal, and St Mark’s Hospital in Harrow.
The report concentrates on the time taken for patients displaying symptoms of a stroke or mini-stroke to receive crucial, stroke-preventing surgery of the neck arteries.
You may also want to watch:
Sue Fenwick Elliott, clinical manager for stroke services, said: “We are delighted with this result, which ranks us among the best in the country for the cases reported.
“Northwick Park Hospital now offers a seven-day mini stroke clinic and daily liaison with the vascular team, which ensures that patients are on a fast track as soon as they arrive and have rapid access to the most appropriate treatment.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 9 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
“With plans to expand the service to become a regional vascular unit, we aim to do better still and deliver access to surgery with 48 hours of referral for the majority of patients.”