Northwick Park Hospital stroke unit one of the best in the country
North West London Hospitals NHS Trust scores 100 per cent for care
A hospital trust has been ranked as one of the best in the country for stroke prevention surgery.
The Carotid Endartectomy Audit showed every patient at the North West London Hospitals NHS Trust received surgery within 14 days of referral, with a 100 per cent score, putting it at the top of the results table.
The Trust looks after the stroke unit at Northwick Park Hospital in Watford Road, Harrow, as well as Central Middlesex Hospital in Acton Lane, Park Royal, and St Mark’s Hospital in Harrow.
The report concentrates on the time taken for patients displaying symptoms of a stroke or mini-stroke to receive crucial, stroke-preventing surgery of the neck arteries.
Sue Fenwick Elliott, clinical manager for stroke services, said: “We are delighted with this result, which ranks us among the best in the country for the cases reported.
“Northwick Park Hospital now offers a seven-day mini stroke clinic and daily liaison with the vascular team, which ensures that patients are on a fast track as soon as they arrive and have rapid access to the most appropriate treatment.
- 1 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 2 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 3 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 6 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Northwick Park NHS Trust still 'requires improvement'
- 9 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
“With plans to expand the service to become a regional vascular unit, we aim to do better still and deliver access to surgery with 48 hours of referral for the majority of patients.”