No celebrations for Jubilee Line
POLITICIANS have slammed tube bosses over the ongoing weekend closures of the Jubilee line, saying that local people have suffered enough, writes Sofia Mitra-Thukar. Cllr Daniel Brown, member for highways and transportation and Lib Dem prospective pa
POLITICIANS have slammed tube bosses over the ongoing weekend closures of the Jubilee line, saying that 'local people have suffered enough,' writes Sofia Mitra-Thukar.
Cllr Daniel Brown, member for highways and transportation and Lib Dem prospective parliamentary candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, Ed Fordham, have hit out at Transport for London after they admitted that Jubilee line works originally due to be completed by the end of October this year will now not be completed until some time next year.
Mr Fordham was out in force with residents and campaigners last week at TfL headquarters, leafleting transport staff with a list of demands they believed the company should make to alleviate the pressure of the ongoing closure programme.
He said: "It is now urgent that TfL address concerns about the rail replacement services, about co-ordinating the closure programme better, speaking and listening to residents, traders and councillors and crucially addressing the issue of a refund for charging for a 7-day oyster card and only providing a 5-day service."
You may also want to watch:
See next week's Times for the full investigation.
- 1 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 2 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 3 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 4 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 5 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 6 Habitual car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 7 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 8 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 9 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 10 Kilburn councillor resigns from Labour group to become Independent