No celebrations for Jubilee Line
POLITICIANS have slammed tube bosses over the ongoing weekend closures of the Jubilee line, saying that local people have suffered enough, writes Sofia Mitra-Thukar. Cllr Daniel Brown, member for highways and transportation and Lib Dem prospective pa
POLITICIANS have slammed tube bosses over the ongoing weekend closures of the Jubilee line, saying that 'local people have suffered enough,' writes Sofia Mitra-Thukar.
Cllr Daniel Brown, member for highways and transportation and Lib Dem prospective parliamentary candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, Ed Fordham, have hit out at Transport for London after they admitted that Jubilee line works originally due to be completed by the end of October this year will now not be completed until some time next year.
Mr Fordham was out in force with residents and campaigners last week at TfL headquarters, leafleting transport staff with a list of demands they believed the company should make to alleviate the pressure of the ongoing closure programme.
He said: "It is now urgent that TfL address concerns about the rail replacement services, about co-ordinating the closure programme better, speaking and listening to residents, traders and councillors and crucially addressing the issue of a refund for charging for a 7-day oyster card and only providing a 5-day service."
You may also want to watch:
See next week's Times for the full investigation.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 3 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020