Anyone for tennis? Forget the strawberries and cream this Wimbledon and instead pick up tips from professional coaches for free. Elmwood Tennis Club in Holland Road, Kensal Green, is helping people net new skills with free coaching on Nat
Anyone for tennis?
Forget the strawberries and cream this Wimbledon and instead pick up tips from professional coaches for free.
Elmwood Tennis Club in Holland Road, Kensal Green, is helping people net new skills with free coaching on National Tennis Day.
The club, which is looking for more young people to join in, will be opening its doors the community as part of the country-wide scheme to get more people playing the game.
Professional coaches will be on hand to give out tips on the day which begins at 12pm.
For more information email email@example.com or call Rudi on 07764788540, Henry on 0795638996 or Dorian 07771 834659.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 3 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 4 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 5 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 6 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
Talent on the airwaves
A radio station with a fresh young feel is looking for volunteers to help them broadcast.
Brent Youth Radio is run for young people and by young people with a focus on social and cultural issues.
Young people will also have the opportunity to develop and promote their musical talents on air.
For more information or to get involved visit www.brentyouthradio.com or call 07946450141.
Loo help is needed
Going to the toilet may seem like an easy task for most of us but one charity is highlighting the problems faced by those with learning disabilities.
Brent Mencap is holding a number of activities for Learning Disability Week and is focussing on getting more fully accessible toilets in the borough.
Currently there are only four places in the borough where people have access to hoists, changing benches and space.
Learning Disabilities Week concludes on Sunday June 28 and for more information call Ruth Lusanie at Brent Mencap on 020 8451 5278.