Specialist support for autistic children Autistic children will now have more opportunities to go to mainstream schools in the borough, as the council has announced more places. Camden Council has made plans to allow 14 youngsters with
Specialist support for autistic children
Autistic children will now have more opportunities to go to mainstream schools in the borough, as the council has announced more places.
Camden Council has made plans to allow 14 youngsters with autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) to get specialist support so they can be taught with other pupils.
The number of pupils in Camden with ASD is rising, according to the council.
Health watchdog chief visits hospital
The chief executive of the UK's new healthcare watchdog visited one of the borough's hospitals to launch the service.
- 1 Flats approved for Brondesbury Park
- 2 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 3 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 4 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 5 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 6 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 7 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 8 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 9 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 10 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
Cynthia Bower, head of the Care Quality Commission, which replaces the Healthcare Commission, visited the Royal Free Hampstead, in Pond Street, Camden on April 1.
Elderly patients and nurses across several wards spoke to the health chief about their experiences at the hospital.
Homeless award listing for team
A team which helps homeless people forge independent lives has been short-listed for prestigious award.
Camden Council's pathways move-on team has been nominated as 'ground breaking service team of the year' at the first Housing Heroes Awards.
The team helps people who are ready for independent living move on, and out of supported accommodation.
They assess each person's needs, review their housing options and help move them into their own independent home.
The awards will be presented at a ceremony on June 10.
For more information visit insidehousing.co.uk