New urban park in South Kilburn officially opens this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A new urban park in South Kilburn will open to the public for the first time this weekend.
The Woodhouse Urban Park, located off Albert Road, will officially open on Saturday between 12.30 and 3.30pm with a celebration including ribbon cutting, speeches and activities.
The recently constructed 0.2 hectare park was designed in consultation with residents.
It features robust wooden play equipment, new seating areas, a landscaped design, new trees, shrubs and flowers.
It also includes footpaths linking Albert Road to Denmark Road.
You may also want to watch:
The park has been delivered as part of the council’s South Kilburn Regeneration Programme which is transforming the area.
The regeneration programme will see approximately 2,400 new homes delivered - half of which will be made available to existing secure tenants of South Kilburn.
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
The programme also includes new shops, a new primary school and new health facilities.