New stop for Metropolitan line Tube
METROPOLITAN line Tube trains will now stop at one of the borough stations after an MP s campaign. Despite the Jubilee line being out of action every weekend for engineering works – and with more than �500,000 spent on upgrades at Willesden Green – Transp
METROPOLITAN line Tube trains will now stop at one of the borough stations after an MP's campaign.
Despite the Jubilee line being out of action every weekend for engineering works - and with more than �500,000 spent on upgrades at Willesden Green - Transport for London (TfL) refused to ease disruption by stopping Metropolitan line trains at the station.
But Brent East MP Sarah Teather took her fight for a seven-day Tube service to City Hall and was promised trains will be made to stop at Willesden Green.
She said: "With passengers shelling out for a seven-day service, and Mayor Boris Johnson recently announcing further inflation busting fare hikes, it is grossly unfair those who live in Willesden Green and Neasden should be stranded every weekend."
You may also want to watch:
MP Sarah said there was a huge support for her seven-day service campaign.
She added: "Transport for London should not be charging passengers for a seven-day Tube service if they are not capable of providing it."
- 1 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 5 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 6 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 7 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 8 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 9 Wealdstone still chasing new signings but patience is key, says Maynard
- 10 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
Ms Teather is collecting signatures in petition calling for a seven-day Tube service which can be viewed at www.sarahteather.org.uk/petitions.