New through-road opens in Wembley Park with 'better links and traffic flow'
- Credit: Brent Council
Motorists, motorcyclists and cyclists may experience less congestion on event days as a new through-road opens in Wembley Park.
A new connector road linking North End Road to Bridge Road provides an alternative route across Wembley Park to access the North Circular Road.
Traffic won't be adversely affected by event days such as the ongoing Euro 2020 tournament.
"We opened this road ahead of the Euros coming home to Wembley and we've already had some great feedback to local residents," Cllr Krupa Sheth, Brent Council's cabinet member for environment, said.
"We're incredibly proud of having the national stadium in Brent, but it has its challenges for local people on event days with more traffic in the area.
"With better links and traffic flow, residents can better get stuck into the many attractions Wembley Park has to offer."
The link was first outlined in the Wembley Area Action Plan that was adopted in January 2015.
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 4 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 5 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 6 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 7 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 8 Man dies following 'medical episode' in Harlesden
- 9 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 10 Injured moped driver appeal after Dollis Hill collision
Initially opened as a T junction, there are plans for the link to be controlled by traffic lights in the future.