New owners of Treetops nursery revealed as a doctor and a surgeon
Medical duo have taken over Willesden pre-school which was closed by Brent Council
A doctor and a surgeon are taking over a nursery in Willesden which Brent Council closed.
Worried parents began a campaign last year after the council announced plans to close Treetops nursery, in Doyle Gardens.
After a consultation the local authority, which still owns the land, decided to put the lease out to tender which was awarded to Murali Sivanandan, 35, and Kumaran Ratnasingham, 34 – two doctors from Ealing.
The pair, who set up a company called Sai Children’s Centre Limited, have already succeeded in taking over a nursery in Birmingham and another closer to home in Nicoll Road, Harlesden.
Mr Sivanandan, a father-of-two, said: “We are both practicing medical doctors working for the NHS.
“Having children of our own, we developed an interest in childcare, which led us to purchase our first nursery in Birmingham in 2010.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 5 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 6 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 10 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
“In less than a year, its Ofsted rating changed from ‘satisfactory’ to the maximum rating of outstanding in all areas.”
Mr Sivanandan added: “We want to make the nursery open to everyone. The prices will not skyrocket. It will never be the most expensive in the area.
“Coming from medical backgrounds, we appreciate the fact that a child’s experience through nursery is important in their development and that they only have one chance with this.’’
An open day with entertainment for children will take place on July 14 between 10am and 3pm. Parents will be given the chance to ask any questions of the staff and new owners.
Anyone wishing to find out prices, or wants to know how to register, should visit http://www.treetopsnursery.co.uk/ for more information.