New owners of Treetops nursery revealed as a doctor and a surgeon
Medical duo have taken over Willesden pre-school which was closed by Brent Council
A doctor and a surgeon are taking over a nursery in Willesden which Brent Council closed.
Worried parents began a campaign last year after the council announced plans to close Treetops nursery, in Doyle Gardens.
After a consultation the local authority, which still owns the land, decided to put the lease out to tender which was awarded to Murali Sivanandan, 35, and Kumaran Ratnasingham, 34 – two doctors from Ealing.
The pair, who set up a company called Sai Children’s Centre Limited, have already succeeded in taking over a nursery in Birmingham and another closer to home in Nicoll Road, Harlesden.
Mr Sivanandan, a father-of-two, said: “We are both practicing medical doctors working for the NHS.
“Having children of our own, we developed an interest in childcare, which led us to purchase our first nursery in Birmingham in 2010.
- 1 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 Dramatic Dieng equaliser sums up 'crazy game' for QPR boss Beale
- 4 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 5 Goalkeeper Dieng nets late equaliser to save QPR at Sunderland
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 8 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 9 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 10 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
“In less than a year, its Ofsted rating changed from ‘satisfactory’ to the maximum rating of outstanding in all areas.”
Mr Sivanandan added: “We want to make the nursery open to everyone. The prices will not skyrocket. It will never be the most expensive in the area.
“Coming from medical backgrounds, we appreciate the fact that a child’s experience through nursery is important in their development and that they only have one chance with this.’’
An open day with entertainment for children will take place on July 14 between 10am and 3pm. Parents will be given the chance to ask any questions of the staff and new owners.
Anyone wishing to find out prices, or wants to know how to register, should visit http://www.treetopsnursery.co.uk/ for more information.