New homes bid for former council building in Wembley sold for almost £10m
- Credit: Archant
Up to 220 flats could be built on the site of a former council building in Wembley following its sale for almost £10million.
Red Vale Property Development LTD hope to transform Mahatma Gandhi House in Wembley Hill Road, into a mixed use development that includes ground floor retail space in addition to the new homes.
In a joint venture, Park Vale Capital and Real Estate Capital will submit a planning application to Brent Council later this year.
Mahatma Gandhi House was the home of the council’s housing department until it moved to the £90m Brent Civic Centre in nearby Engineer’s Way in 2013.
If the new development is given the green light it will keep the name Mahatma Gandhi House.
You may also want to watch:
The site was bought for £9.875m.
Damian Flood, chief executive officer of Real Estate Capital, said: “Real Estate identified the Wembley area as a real growth opportunity with the building blocks of the emerging new ‘city’ being put in place with retail, leisure, new transportation hubs and quality new residential stock.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 QPR suffer defeat to rivals Fulham
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
“We feel that this is one of the areas for real investment in the Greater London area.”