Josefina Gabrielle: Chicago’s Velma opens Harlesden secondary school’s new dance studio
- Credit: Archant
A West End star dropped in on a Harlesden secondary school to open its new dance studio.
Josefina Gabrielle, who plays Velma Kelly in the hit musical Chicago, opened the new studio at the Convent of Jesus and Mary Language College, in Crownhill Road, on November 23.
Josefina, now the school’s dance patron, said: “You are very lucky to be in a school where the performing arts are celebrated.
“We all have a creative side to us and it is great that you are learning the performing arts in such a lovely studio.”
Year 8 pupil Insaf el Idrissi el Kassmi said: “It was a very great experience to meet Josefina and have a chance to show her our dance.”
You may also want to watch:
Head Louise McGowan added: “We aim to provide well rounded, well-educated girls who are accustomed to all forms of music or dance from contemporary to the more classical styles such as ballet.”
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 9 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer