New chapter for Kensal Rise author after he lands publishing deal
Robert Ford scoops bi-monthly talent search for new writers
A new chapter has begun for an author from Kensal Rise after he landed a publishing contract by winning a talent search for new writers.
Robert Ford, of Clifford Gardens, futurist novel ‘The King of Spain’ scooped the bi-monthly ‘Fiction Fast-Track’ competition run by e- publishers Apostrophe Books.
The winner of the competition, which is open to all first-time writers, is picked by the public who vote for their favourite novel by leaving a star rating after reading extracts online.
The 32-year-old’s book is about a retirement home worker called Sam who arrives at an institution where cosmetic technology means residents appear to be in their twenties despite long ago passing their century.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Ford said: “It’s an amazing thing to think as a first-time writer that my book that I’ve poured my soul into will have some kind of life outside of my laptop and my friends.
“It’s almost a clich� that it’s tough to become a writer, but it really is.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 9 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 10 Wealdstone settle for a draw against Aldershot Town
“It’s just fantastic that Apostrophe have got behind the book and will continue to get behind new writing and new authors.”
The King of Spain has gone on sale on Apostrophe Books’ website today (Wednesday).
To purchase the book or to enter future Fiction Fast-Track competitions visit www.apostrophebooks.com.