New B&M store opening in Willesden seeks local hero to cut ribbon
- Credit: Jason Lock
A new variety store opening in Willesden is looking for a local hero to cut the ribbon on launch day.
B&M Home Store and Garden Centre is seeking a local VIP to open its store in the former Homebase premises in High Road on May 16.
Heroes can be nominated by friends, family or work colleagues and could be someone who makes life better for people in the area, works hard for a particular cause or is renowned for their charity work.
Owned by B&M Retail, top brands of electrical goods, furniture, soft furnishings, toys and games as well as DIY products, gardening products, food and drink are sold with large discounts.
Joe Teague, area manager for the South said: “We wanted a true VIP to officially open our new store and what better way than to ask customers to nominate those who make a real difference to people’s lives in and around Willesden.”
She added: “We’re not judging by age or the type of support, we just want someone who goes that extra mile and who we can give something back to for a change.”
Nominations are being accepted until May 13 and can be e-mailed to email@example.com
- 1 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 2 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 3 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 4 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 5 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 10 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
The worthy winner will also receive £250 worth of vouchers to spend in store.