Never before seen Tennessee Williams play showing at Kilburn’s Cock Tavern
A Cavalier for Milady is the second Williams play to be performed for the fiorst time ever at the small pub theatre
The Cock Tavern continues its groundbreaking season of Tennessee Williams plays by premiering A Cavalier for Milady to mark the playwright’s 100th birthday.
The play, which has never before been performed, was one of Williams’ final works, and is an outrageous and disturbing snapshot into the life of a young, troubled woman who spends her days dressed in children’s clothes, emotionally deprived, heavily medicated and withdrawn from society.
While her bombastic and hedonistic mother spends her evenings revelling in flamboyant sexual trysts with male escorts, Nance plays out her sexual fantasies with the balletic apparition of Vaslav Nijinsky.
It is a final portrait of Williams’ mother, sister and himself, and remains the only published yet unproduced one-act play of his oeuvre.
You may also want to watch:
Williams was an American writer who penned short stories, novels, and essays. But he was above all known for his incisive and provocative plays and is widely regarded as one of the most important American playwrights of the 20th Century.
The production is the second never-before-performed Williams plays performed at the small pub theatre in Kilburn High Road to mark the writer’s centenary.
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Teenager jailed after robbing sex worker at knifepoint
- 4 Police appeal for missing woman from Cricklewood
- 5 The Repair Shop’s Jay Blades on how he mended his own life
- 6 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 7 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 8 Kilburn residents shout 'save our square' from over-development
- 9 Exhibition celebrating Gujarati influences launches in Willesden
- 10 Police officer convicted after being caught drink driving
The first, I Never Get Dressed Till After Dark On Sundays, won rave reviews from critics.
A Cavalier for Milady is running at the Cock Tavern in Kilburn High Road, Kilburn, from March 29 until April 13.
Tickets start at �10. For more information contact the theatre on 0207 478 0165 or visit www.cocktaverntheatre.com