Neasden worker to take part in Virgin London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Terry Duff works for Glynns Skips in Neasden Lane
A Neasden worker will be snaking through the city streets when he takes on the annual Virgin London Marathon.
Terry Duff, who works for Glynns Skips in Neasden Lane, will be raising money for disabled children’s charity Whizz Kid. The charity, based in Victoria, helps disabled children receive the right mobility equipment, advice & training so they can lead more independent lives.
In preparation for the big event next month Mr Duff has been clocking up around 40 miles a week.
Speaking about the cause he said “Both my employers and colleagues have supported my chosen charity not only from a financial perspective but also given me the moral support that has carried me through my training”.
“I would like to thank the numerous local businesses that have contributed to a worthy charity”.
To sponsor Terry go to: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/terryduff
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 5 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 6 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 10 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
A surgeon from Neasden will also be taking part on behalf of a children’s charity.
Akash Patel, of Warren Road, has already raised more than £1,200 for The Children’s Trust before he’s even started the event which will take place on April 21.