Neasden worker to take part in Virgin London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Terry Duff works for Glynns Skips in Neasden Lane
A Neasden worker will be snaking through the city streets when he takes on the annual Virgin London Marathon.
Terry Duff, who works for Glynns Skips in Neasden Lane, will be raising money for disabled children’s charity Whizz Kid. The charity, based in Victoria, helps disabled children receive the right mobility equipment, advice & training so they can lead more independent lives.
In preparation for the big event next month Mr Duff has been clocking up around 40 miles a week.
Speaking about the cause he said “Both my employers and colleagues have supported my chosen charity not only from a financial perspective but also given me the moral support that has carried me through my training”.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank the numerous local businesses that have contributed to a worthy charity”.
To sponsor Terry go to: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/terryduff
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 9 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
A surgeon from Neasden will also be taking part on behalf of a children’s charity.
Akash Patel, of Warren Road, has already raised more than £1,200 for The Children’s Trust before he’s even started the event which will take place on April 21.