Neasden woman killed in Northampton nightclub stampede
University student trampled to death
A woman killed during a stampede in a nightclub has been named as a 22-year-old from Neasden.
Nabila Nanfuka, of Yeats Close, died and two women were injured following a crush inside Lava & Ignite club in Northampton in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).
Ms Nanfuka was a third year leisure and tourism student at Northampton University.
According to witnesses clubbers rushed to an exit after a fire alarm went off.
You may also want to watch:
Tributes have been paid to the former pupil of John Kelly Girls School (Crest Academy) in Crest Road, Neasden, on two Facebook groups set up in her memory.
The tragedy is being investigated by Northampton Police.
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 QPR boss 'disappointed' as two late goals cost his side at West Brom
- 9 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 10 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground