Neasden schoolboy selected to play for Middlesex County Cricket club
- Credit: Archant
Panav Patel, 11, attends Swaminarayan School in Brentfield Road
A pupil from a secondary school in Neasden has been selected to play cricket at a county level.
Panav Patel, 11, who attends Swaminarayan School in Brentfield Road, has been signed up by Middlesex County Cricket club.
Umeshchandra Raja, headteacher of Swaminarayan School, told the Times: “Panav is a great role model for other students to aspire to. He is an all rounder not just in cricket but also with respect to his attitude and behaviour in school life.
“There could not have been a more deserving candidate who could have been awarded such high acclamation.
You may also want to watch:
“I am fully confident that should Panav wish to make a career from cricket he will one day represent his county team.”
Panav will play for the team’s under 11s squad.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 3 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 4 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 5 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 6 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 7 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 8 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 9 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 10 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom