Neasden pensioner scoops £20,000 in Beacon Bingo’s free prize draw
- Credit: Archant
It was raining confetti this week as a Neasden pensioner scooped the top prize at a bingo hall in Cricklewood.
Suvaris Thompson collected a cheque for £20,000 at Beacon Bingo Cricklewood on Monday after winning a free prize draw he entered earlier this month.
The 66-year-old former barber was given the choice of cash or a brand-new BMW 3 Series.
He said: “I’m over the moon! I swear my heart stopped when I realised I’d won. I had this strange feeling I was going to win. I’ve been coming to the club since the day it opened and always suspected that one day I might have a big win, and today was the day!”
“I already have a car so I chose the money”, he added. “I’m just have a bit of fun. It isn’t every day you win something so huge.”
You may also want to watch:
Steve Lightfoot, general manager of the venue, said: “We are delighted for Suvaris. He is a lovely man, well known and liked by everyone in the club and so deserving of this prize. It’s also great to see a regular customer pick up such a big prize.”
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours