Neasden and Wembley traffic warning alert as work due to start on the North Circular Road
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Drivers are being warned of traffic delays in Wembley and Neasden due to work being carried out on the North Circular Road from Monday.
The section of the A406 between Brentfield Road and Neasden Lane will be reduced from three to two lanes in each direction as part of a modernisation plan.
The road will be strengthen, the bridges waterproofed and safety measures will ne installed on the central reservation in addition to new road lighting.
Roads in and around Neasden and Wembley are expected to be busier than usual with additional delays expected between Hanger Lane and Brent Cross.
Bus routes 182 and 297 could be subjected to delays, diversions are their destinations could be altered.
You may also want to watch:
The work is expected to end on December 7.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 8 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win