Mystery dog-walkers documented in Neasden history book have been identified
Married couple frequent Welsh Harp area
The mystery surrounding the identity of a couple who were snapped while enjoying a walk in one of the borough’s parks last year has been solved.
Last week the Brent and Kilburn Times printed an appeal requesting the identity of a dog walking couple who were pictured on the Welsh Harp Reservoir.
The photograph is featured in a book Welsh Harp Reservior Through Time which details the history of the popular area.
However the author and photographer were keen to trace the pair whose identity had remained a mystery to this day. The mystery pair have come forward revealed themselves as Graham and Linda Donovan.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Donovan, who lives in Hendon with wife Linda, expressed his surprise at realising their identity was a crucial missing factor in the book.
He said: “We walk our dogs there normally once or twice a week and there are often people there taking photographs or bird watching and we think nothing of it.
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Teenager jailed after robbing sex worker at knifepoint
- 4 Police appeal for missing woman from Cricklewood
- 5 The Repair Shop’s Jay Blades on how he mended his own life
- 6 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 7 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 8 Kilburn residents shout 'save our square' from over-development
- 9 Exhibition celebrating Gujarati influences launches in Willesden
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
“We never thought we would end up seeing ourselves published in a book.”
The book features a variety of documented photographs which stretch back more than 100 years.
Mr Donovan added: “My Wife was pretty sure it was us when she first saw it so she phoned me up and asked me to look at it online.
“At first I couldn’t be sure but then I zoomed in and I knew it was us.”
The couple, who walk their dogs on the reservoir most weekends, have now been invited to a launch party for the book taking place at the Welsh Harp Environmental Education Centre, Birchen Grove, which takes place tomorrow (Saturday).