Mystery dog-walkers documented in Neasden history book have been identified
Married couple frequent Welsh Harp area
The mystery surrounding the identity of a couple who were snapped while enjoying a walk in one of the borough’s parks last year has been solved.
Last week the Brent and Kilburn Times printed an appeal requesting the identity of a dog walking couple who were pictured on the Welsh Harp Reservoir.
The photograph is featured in a book Welsh Harp Reservior Through Time which details the history of the popular area.
However the author and photographer were keen to trace the pair whose identity had remained a mystery to this day. The mystery pair have come forward revealed themselves as Graham and Linda Donovan.
Mr Donovan, who lives in Hendon with wife Linda, expressed his surprise at realising their identity was a crucial missing factor in the book.
He said: “We walk our dogs there normally once or twice a week and there are often people there taking photographs or bird watching and we think nothing of it.
- 1 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 2 Party patrols return as barber’s rave shut down
- 3 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 6 Jailed: Predator raped 12-year-old girl he met on Snapchat
- 7 Three face provisional trial with links to alleged organ-harvesting plot
- 8 New virtual exhibition explores Brent's multicultural history
- 9 Beale savours first win as QPR boss after Willock wonder goal
- 10 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
“We never thought we would end up seeing ourselves published in a book.”
The book features a variety of documented photographs which stretch back more than 100 years.
Mr Donovan added: “My Wife was pretty sure it was us when she first saw it so she phoned me up and asked me to look at it online.
“At first I couldn’t be sure but then I zoomed in and I knew it was us.”
The couple, who walk their dogs on the reservoir most weekends, have now been invited to a launch party for the book taking place at the Welsh Harp Environmental Education Centre, Birchen Grove, which takes place tomorrow (Saturday).