Mystery dog-walkers documented in Neasden history book have been identified
Married couple frequent Welsh Harp area
The mystery surrounding the identity of a couple who were snapped while enjoying a walk in one of the borough’s parks last year has been solved.
Last week the Brent and Kilburn Times printed an appeal requesting the identity of a dog walking couple who were pictured on the Welsh Harp Reservoir.
The photograph is featured in a book Welsh Harp Reservior Through Time which details the history of the popular area.
However the author and photographer were keen to trace the pair whose identity had remained a mystery to this day. The mystery pair have come forward revealed themselves as Graham and Linda Donovan.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Donovan, who lives in Hendon with wife Linda, expressed his surprise at realising their identity was a crucial missing factor in the book.
He said: “We walk our dogs there normally once or twice a week and there are often people there taking photographs or bird watching and we think nothing of it.
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 8 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 9 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
“We never thought we would end up seeing ourselves published in a book.”
The book features a variety of documented photographs which stretch back more than 100 years.
Mr Donovan added: “My Wife was pretty sure it was us when she first saw it so she phoned me up and asked me to look at it online.
“At first I couldn’t be sure but then I zoomed in and I knew it was us.”
The couple, who walk their dogs on the reservoir most weekends, have now been invited to a launch party for the book taking place at the Welsh Harp Environmental Education Centre, Birchen Grove, which takes place tomorrow (Saturday).