Music icon Nile Rodgers to open International Busking Day in Wembley Park
- Credit: Archant
Music legend Nile Rodgers is opening the free international busking festival taking place in Wembley Park.
The music legend is making a special appearance at the International Busking Day taking place outside Arena Square at 11:30am tomorrow.
The afternoon’s entertainment will see music acts kicking off around midday with performances from singer-songwriter Newton Faulkner, Nina Nesbitt, Lewis Floyd Henry and Keywest as well as local talent.
Newton Faulkner said: “Busking is the soundtrack to the underground and the streets, it’s part of living in London. I don’t think the city would be the same without it.”
Nina Nesbitt, added: “I started out with just my guitar and being from near Edinburgh I was always surrounded by buskers during the festivals. I’m excited to take part this year!”
The free and family friendly day of celebrations will also include circus and dance performances.
There is a chance to get involved and learn a busking skills, street dancing, attend a loop pedal clinic, guitar tutorial or circus skill session all of which are available throughout the day.
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 3 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 4 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 5 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 9 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 10 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
Cllr Muhammed Butt, Brent Council leader, said: “It is an absolute pleasure to host International Busking Day in Wembley Park and celebrate busking and street performance.
“I hope it will give audiences, both on the ground in Brent, or joining in around the world, a taste of what’s to come as we warm up for Brent Borough of Culture 2020.”
Visitors can upload a photo or video of your performances to social media with the hashtags #InternationalBuskingDay and #SummerofPlay, tagging @buskinlondon and @wembleypark.
Event Line-up Arena Square
11.30am Niles Rodgers appearance
12.10pm Afrikan Warriors
12.50pm The Kings Parade
1.30pm BMX Daredevils
1.48pm Impact Dance
2.05pm Lewis Floyd Henry
2.40pm BMX Daredevils
2.55pm Nina Nesbitt
3.35pm Maple Staple Gun
4.30pm BMX Daredevils
4.45pm Roof Top Trio
5.20pm BMX Daredevils
5.45pm Newton Faulkner
7.30pm Closing Celebrations