Music icon Nile Rodgers to open International Busking Day in Wembley Park
- Credit: Archant
Music legend Nile Rodgers is opening the free international busking festival taking place in Wembley Park.
The music legend is making a special appearance at the International Busking Day taking place outside Arena Square at 11:30am tomorrow.
The afternoon’s entertainment will see music acts kicking off around midday with performances from singer-songwriter Newton Faulkner, Nina Nesbitt, Lewis Floyd Henry and Keywest as well as local talent.
Newton Faulkner said: “Busking is the soundtrack to the underground and the streets, it’s part of living in London. I don’t think the city would be the same without it.”
Nina Nesbitt, added: “I started out with just my guitar and being from near Edinburgh I was always surrounded by buskers during the festivals. I’m excited to take part this year!”
You may also want to watch:
The free and family friendly day of celebrations will also include circus and dance performances.
There is a chance to get involved and learn a busking skills, street dancing, attend a loop pedal clinic, guitar tutorial or circus skill session all of which are available throughout the day.
- 1 Seven sought over Wembley gang attack that left man with severed ear
- 2 Woman's 'shock' at male officer sent to welfare check at Wembley hotel
- 3 Wembley firefighter looks back as he retires after 30 years
- 4 One in billion DNA match links teenager to sisters' murder in Kingsbury, court told
- 5 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 6 CCTV image released in Kilburn indecent exposure investigation
- 7 All you need to know about tickets for Boxpark's Euro 2020 screenings
- 8 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 9 Police guarded bushes where two sisters bodies were overnight, court hears
- 10 EFL fixtures release: QPR kick off at home to London rivals Millwall
Cllr Muhammed Butt, Brent Council leader, said: “It is an absolute pleasure to host International Busking Day in Wembley Park and celebrate busking and street performance.
“I hope it will give audiences, both on the ground in Brent, or joining in around the world, a taste of what’s to come as we warm up for Brent Borough of Culture 2020.”
Visitors can upload a photo or video of your performances to social media with the hashtags #InternationalBuskingDay and #SummerofPlay, tagging @buskinlondon and @wembleypark.
Event Line-up Arena Square
11.30am Niles Rodgers appearance
12.10pm Afrikan Warriors
12.50pm The Kings Parade
1.30pm BMX Daredevils
1.48pm Impact Dance
2.05pm Lewis Floyd Henry
2.40pm BMX Daredevils
2.55pm Nina Nesbitt
3.35pm Maple Staple Gun
4.30pm BMX Daredevils
4.45pm Roof Top Trio
5.20pm BMX Daredevils
5.45pm Newton Faulkner
7.30pm Closing Celebrations