Murdered football fan at Wembley Stadium named
Six men arrested in connection with death at stadium
The football fan murdered outside Wembley Stadium in Brent last night has been named as Michael John Dye, from Wales.
Police were called at 7.20pm, before the England Wales clash, where they discovered the 44-year-old.
He was taken to Northwick Park Hospital with head injuries and died 8.50pm.
Mr Dye’s next-of-kin have been informed and a post mortem is due to take place.
You may also want to watch:
Six men were arrested in the Wales supporters’ part of the stadium during the game in connection with the death.
All remain in custody at a police station.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
Officers from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigation.
A police spokeswoman said: “At this very early stage, enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances of the incident.”
Anyone with information should call Acting Detective Chief Inspector Sheila Stewart on 020 8358 0100 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.