Murdered football fan at Wembley Stadium named
Six men arrested in connection with death at stadium
The football fan murdered outside Wembley Stadium in Brent last night has been named as Michael John Dye, from Wales.
Police were called at 7.20pm, before the England Wales clash, where they discovered the 44-year-old.
He was taken to Northwick Park Hospital with head injuries and died 8.50pm.
Mr Dye’s next-of-kin have been informed and a post mortem is due to take place.
You may also want to watch:
Six men were arrested in the Wales supporters’ part of the stadium during the game in connection with the death.
All remain in custody at a police station.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
Officers from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigation.
A police spokeswoman said: “At this very early stage, enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances of the incident.”
Anyone with information should call Acting Detective Chief Inspector Sheila Stewart on 020 8358 0100 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.