MP launches Christmas card competition for Brent children
- Credit: Archant
School children in Brent have been asked to create a winning design for an MP’S Christmas card.
Brent Central’s MP, Sarah Teather, has launched the festive competition to all primary schools and any child under 11 years old in her constituency.
The design should reflect Christmas in Brent and the lucky winner will receive a £50 book token, plus a tour of Wembley Stadium with their classmates.
Ms Teather said: “Judging the Christmas card competition is always one of the highlights of my year.
“I love seeing the talent and imagination of Brent’s children and every year I am torn between all the wonderful entries.
“I am sure that this year will be no different.”
“Last year’s winner, Laura Mucha, really set the bar high with her beautiful illustration of the nativity scene.
- 1 QPR boss Beale disappointed to bow out of Carabao Cup
- 2 Polio virus detected in sewage in Brent
- 3 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 4 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 5 QPR bow out of EFL Cup after penalty shoot-out at Charlton
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 10 Sven Badzak: Stabbing victim's family ‘outraged’ as trial delayed
“She will be a tough act to follow.”
The card will be delivered to more than 20,000 households in Brent.
Submissions, including the name, age and school of the child should be posted to Sarah Teather MP, 70 Walm Lane, Willesden Green, NW2 4RA.
Individual entries should include a full postal address and telephone number.