Motorcycle training centre in Willesden has to hit the road after noise complaints from residents
A motorcycle training centre is being forced to leave its Willesden base following complaints over noise and the council’s refusal to give it retrospective planning permission.
Fed-up residents in Donnington Road, where the centre operates at Willesden Sports Centre, bombarded Cllr Carol Shaw with calls for action.
Cllr Shaw, who represents Brondesbury Park, said: “The motorbikes are keeping people awake at night.
“It’s at weekends as well – there’s a terrible noise.”
Resident Lesley Sunderland said: “The motorcycle school is just one of a number of noise and nuisance issues in Donnington Road, all instigated by Brent Council who do not appear to take care about their residents.”
You may also want to watch:
Last week Brent Council finally slammed the brakes on Alpha Motorcycle Training Ltd.
A council spokesman said: “A retrospective planning application was submitted for change of use from disused tennis courts to motor cycle training.
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 3 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 4 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 5 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 6 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 7 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 8 Brondesbury park woman denies killing Wembley pensioner
- 9 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 10 Lib Dem resigns from Brent's budget scrutiny taskforce
“On consultation, a number of objections were received and planning permission refused.
“Consequently Willesden Sports Centre, which leases the land from the council, has cancelled the booking for the use of the area after the end of August, giving the motorcycle school two months’ notice. No noise complaints have been received by the council.”
Six out of eight comments attached to the planning application on Brent Council’s website were from residents who included noise among their objections.
Andy Bates, area team manager for Brent Planning and Regeneration, said: “The motorcycle training school has been the subject of a number of complaints from residents and we have opened an enforcement file.”