Motorcycle training centre in Willesden has to hit the road after noise complaints from residents
A motorcycle training centre is being forced to leave its Willesden base following complaints over noise and the council’s refusal to give it retrospective planning permission.
Fed-up residents in Donnington Road, where the centre operates at Willesden Sports Centre, bombarded Cllr Carol Shaw with calls for action.
Cllr Shaw, who represents Brondesbury Park, said: “The motorbikes are keeping people awake at night.
“It’s at weekends as well – there’s a terrible noise.”
Resident Lesley Sunderland said: “The motorcycle school is just one of a number of noise and nuisance issues in Donnington Road, all instigated by Brent Council who do not appear to take care about their residents.”
You may also want to watch:
Last week Brent Council finally slammed the brakes on Alpha Motorcycle Training Ltd.
A council spokesman said: “A retrospective planning application was submitted for change of use from disused tennis courts to motor cycle training.
- 1 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 4 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 5 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 6 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 7 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 8 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 9 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 10 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
“On consultation, a number of objections were received and planning permission refused.
“Consequently Willesden Sports Centre, which leases the land from the council, has cancelled the booking for the use of the area after the end of August, giving the motorcycle school two months’ notice. No noise complaints have been received by the council.”
Six out of eight comments attached to the planning application on Brent Council’s website were from residents who included noise among their objections.
Andy Bates, area team manager for Brent Planning and Regeneration, said: “The motorcycle training school has been the subject of a number of complaints from residents and we have opened an enforcement file.”