Motorcycle training centre in Willesden has to hit the road after noise complaints from residents
A motorcycle training centre is being forced to leave its Willesden base following complaints over noise and the council’s refusal to give it retrospective planning permission.
Fed-up residents in Donnington Road, where the centre operates at Willesden Sports Centre, bombarded Cllr Carol Shaw with calls for action.
Cllr Shaw, who represents Brondesbury Park, said: “The motorbikes are keeping people awake at night.
“It’s at weekends as well – there’s a terrible noise.”
Resident Lesley Sunderland said: “The motorcycle school is just one of a number of noise and nuisance issues in Donnington Road, all instigated by Brent Council who do not appear to take care about their residents.”
Last week Brent Council finally slammed the brakes on Alpha Motorcycle Training Ltd.
A council spokesman said: “A retrospective planning application was submitted for change of use from disused tennis courts to motor cycle training.
- 1 Wembley teen killed in collision named as police seek to trace Ford van
- 2 Brent headteacher fears pupils could bring in knives without uniform policy
- 3 Everything But the Girl singer launches bid to save Welsh Harp
- 4 New college planned to bring post-school education in Wembley
- 5 Brent tower block plans may fall foul of planning law
- 6 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 7 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 8 Judicial review could 'stop GP surgery privatisation'
- 9 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 10 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
“On consultation, a number of objections were received and planning permission refused.
“Consequently Willesden Sports Centre, which leases the land from the council, has cancelled the booking for the use of the area after the end of August, giving the motorcycle school two months’ notice. No noise complaints have been received by the council.”
Six out of eight comments attached to the planning application on Brent Council’s website were from residents who included noise among their objections.
Andy Bates, area team manager for Brent Planning and Regeneration, said: “The motorcycle training school has been the subject of a number of complaints from residents and we have opened an enforcement file.”