More than 1m shoppers flock to the London Designer Outlet in Wembley
- Credit: Oliver Dixon / Imagewise.
More than one million visitors have visited the London Designer Outlet in Wembley since it opened its doors 10 weeks ago.
The opening of the 350,000sq ft centre, which offers up to 70 per cent of retail prices, marked the completion of the first phase of the 85-acre regeneration Wembley Park development.
In addition to shopping, visitors can also enjoy a meal at a host of eateries or catch a movie at the Cineworld cinema boasting nine-screens.
The first phase also included a four-start Hilton hotel, the Brent Civic Centre, student accommodation boasting 600 shared apartments/studios and 520 new homes.
The second chapter of the £3.4billion project by Quintain, which was formally known as Wembley City, will see the construction of 475 new homes, the opening of an artisan market and a 40 metre long wall on Olympic Way capturing the public’s “Wembley Moments” from history.
You may also want to watch:
James Saunders, Quintain’s chief operating officer, said: “Wembley Park will be a thriving destination and neighbourhood for North West London, anticipated to receive millions of visitors every year and become home to a community of thousands of new residents.
“The year ahead will see the transformation continue as we focus on bringing exciting new attractions and improvements to the public spaces and construction begins on the new residential district located at the heart of Wembley Park.”
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 3 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer