Month-long programme aims to nurture business growth in South Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
South Kilburn Trust will host a series of free events as part of their Love Business Month aimed at business beginners and veterans alike.
The Trust, with support from Wates Living Group and Brent Housing Partnership, is hosting the month-long programme of free special events breaking down the world of business.
A variety of workshops, seminars and networking events will tackle tricky topics including tax, sales, how to start a business as well as social media among others.
The events aim to cater to everyone from keen business enthusiasts with a wealth of experience to those taking their very first steps in the industry.
Entrepreneurs who enter the Trust’s pitching competition will also be in with a chance of winning £1,000 to help kickstart their own business.
Alternatively, those with an interest in technology can get creative in a one-off ‘hackathon’ in order to create a digital solution to a problem faced in South Kilburn.
Lauren Bailey, Strategic Lead at South Kilburn Trust, said: “The Trust is committed to supporting enterprise and business growth for local entrepreneurs. We are really excited about Love Business Month and have a fantastic panel of speakers and business experts delivering events.”
- 1 QPR boss Beale disappointed to bow out of Carabao Cup
- 2 Polio virus detected in sewage in Brent
- 3 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 4 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 5 QPR bow out of EFL Cup after penalty shoot-out at Charlton
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 10 Sven Badzak: Stabbing victim's family ‘outraged’ as trial delayed
Not only will attendees gain an insight into the world of business, it is also hoped they will come away with useful tips for the future and valuable tips after taking part.
Mark Allan, Chief Executive of the South Kilburn Trust, added: “Business is such an important part of the community and life in South Kilburn and more widely in Brent.
“We are pleased to host our first ever Love Business Month and hope everyone from established businesses to budding entrepreneurs will benefit.”
Beginning on February 6 at South Kilburn Studios, the programme will finish off with the inaugural South Kilburn Enterprise Awards on February 28 celebrating the achievements of businesses and entreprenuers in the area.
For further information about the events visit www.southkilburnnw6.london or contact firstname.lastname@example.org