Month-long programme aims to nurture business growth in South Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
South Kilburn Trust will host a series of free events as part of their Love Business Month aimed at business beginners and veterans alike.
The Trust, with support from Wates Living Group and Brent Housing Partnership, is hosting the month-long programme of free special events breaking down the world of business.
A variety of workshops, seminars and networking events will tackle tricky topics including tax, sales, how to start a business as well as social media among others.
The events aim to cater to everyone from keen business enthusiasts with a wealth of experience to those taking their very first steps in the industry.
Entrepreneurs who enter the Trust’s pitching competition will also be in with a chance of winning £1,000 to help kickstart their own business.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, those with an interest in technology can get creative in a one-off ‘hackathon’ in order to create a digital solution to a problem faced in South Kilburn.
Lauren Bailey, Strategic Lead at South Kilburn Trust, said: “The Trust is committed to supporting enterprise and business growth for local entrepreneurs. We are really excited about Love Business Month and have a fantastic panel of speakers and business experts delivering events.”
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
Not only will attendees gain an insight into the world of business, it is also hoped they will come away with useful tips for the future and valuable tips after taking part.
Mark Allan, Chief Executive of the South Kilburn Trust, added: “Business is such an important part of the community and life in South Kilburn and more widely in Brent.
“We are pleased to host our first ever Love Business Month and hope everyone from established businesses to budding entrepreneurs will benefit.”
Beginning on February 6 at South Kilburn Studios, the programme will finish off with the inaugural South Kilburn Enterprise Awards on February 28 celebrating the achievements of businesses and entreprenuers in the area.
For further information about the events visit www.southkilburnnw6.london or contact email@example.com