Midfielder leaves Spurs for Wolves
O’Hara signs permanent contract with Midlands club
Jamie O’Hara has left Tottenham and completed a permanent move to Premier League rivals Wolves on a five-year deal for an undisclosed fee, thought to be around �5million.
O’Hara was on loan at Molineux last season and played 14 games, scoring three goals.
The midfielder made no secret of his desire to remain in the Midlands and Wolves manager Mick McCarthy was understandably delighted that the deal had gone through.
“He showed some real quality when he was on loan with us last season, and that was having come back from not playing for eight months after a back operation,” he said.
“Despite that absence, he made a key contribution over the second half of the campaign, and with a full pre-season behind him he has the potential to get even better next season.
“He is a midfielder who is good on the ball, not afraid to put his foot in and also has an eye for goal.
- 1 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 2 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 3 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 London among areas where drought is declared
- 6 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 7 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 8 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 9 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 10 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
“On top of that he is also a good character around the place who has a positive influence in the dressing room.”