Men jailed for Wembley Park burglary
Pair targeted home of a 92-year-old man
Two burglars who were caught red-handed in the home a 92-year-old man in the middle of the night have been jailed for a total of 11 years.
Harrow Crown Court heard Nicolae Palici, 43, and 36-year-old Liviu Dorin, broke into the elderly man’s home in Wembley Park on January 7 at 2am.
Luckily, the victim woke up and barricaded himself into his bedroom before alerting a neighbour who called the police.
The neighbour had a spare set of keys so was able to let the police in without alerting the pair.
After a brief struggle, both men were arrested and one was found to be in possession of a knife and a knife taken from the victim’s kitchen was found nearby.
Both men, of no fixed address, who had denied aggravated burglary, were found guilty on June 15.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 4 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Palici was sentenced to five years in jail and Dorin six.
PC Cyntac Wong from Brent Police said: “The victim’s quick thinking has certainly avoided a much more serious incident because these men armed themselves with knives when they entered and were prepared to use them to injure him or threaten him.”