Men jailed for Wembley Park burglary
Pair targeted home of a 92-year-old man
Two burglars who were caught red-handed in the home a 92-year-old man in the middle of the night have been jailed for a total of 11 years.
Harrow Crown Court heard Nicolae Palici, 43, and 36-year-old Liviu Dorin, broke into the elderly man’s home in Wembley Park on January 7 at 2am.
Luckily, the victim woke up and barricaded himself into his bedroom before alerting a neighbour who called the police.
The neighbour had a spare set of keys so was able to let the police in without alerting the pair.
You may also want to watch:
After a brief struggle, both men were arrested and one was found to be in possession of a knife and a knife taken from the victim’s kitchen was found nearby.
Both men, of no fixed address, who had denied aggravated burglary, were found guilty on June 15.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Summer in the City: Five things to do in Brent this weekend
Palici was sentenced to five years in jail and Dorin six.
PC Cyntac Wong from Brent Police said: “The victim’s quick thinking has certainly avoided a much more serious incident because these men armed themselves with knives when they entered and were prepared to use them to injure him or threaten him.”