Men jailed for Wembley Park burglary
Pair targeted home of a 92-year-old man
Two burglars who were caught red-handed in the home a 92-year-old man in the middle of the night have been jailed for a total of 11 years.
Harrow Crown Court heard Nicolae Palici, 43, and 36-year-old Liviu Dorin, broke into the elderly man’s home in Wembley Park on January 7 at 2am.
Luckily, the victim woke up and barricaded himself into his bedroom before alerting a neighbour who called the police.
The neighbour had a spare set of keys so was able to let the police in without alerting the pair.
You may also want to watch:
After a brief struggle, both men were arrested and one was found to be in possession of a knife and a knife taken from the victim’s kitchen was found nearby.
Both men, of no fixed address, who had denied aggravated burglary, were found guilty on June 15.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
Palici was sentenced to five years in jail and Dorin six.
PC Cyntac Wong from Brent Police said: “The victim’s quick thinking has certainly avoided a much more serious incident because these men armed themselves with knives when they entered and were prepared to use them to injure him or threaten him.”