Men jailed for Wembley Park burglary
Pair targeted home of a 92-year-old man
Two burglars who were caught red-handed in the home a 92-year-old man in the middle of the night have been jailed for a total of 11 years.
Harrow Crown Court heard Nicolae Palici, 43, and 36-year-old Liviu Dorin, broke into the elderly man’s home in Wembley Park on January 7 at 2am.
Luckily, the victim woke up and barricaded himself into his bedroom before alerting a neighbour who called the police.
The neighbour had a spare set of keys so was able to let the police in without alerting the pair.
You may also want to watch:
After a brief struggle, both men were arrested and one was found to be in possession of a knife and a knife taken from the victim’s kitchen was found nearby.
Both men, of no fixed address, who had denied aggravated burglary, were found guilty on June 15.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 7 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 8 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
Palici was sentenced to five years in jail and Dorin six.
PC Cyntac Wong from Brent Police said: “The victim’s quick thinking has certainly avoided a much more serious incident because these men armed themselves with knives when they entered and were prepared to use them to injure him or threaten him.”