McDonald’s franchisee launches awards scheme for charities and community groups
- Credit: Archant
A franchisee of 20 McDonald’s restaurants in Brent and across North West London has launched an awards scheme for charities and community groups.
Atul Pathak will offer funds and additional support in a year-long partnership with the winning groups of the APPT Community Awards.
Community groups will have the chance to apply for the awards, where they could scoop between £250 to £1,000 and support from APPT including offices, project volunteers and backroom management assistance for a year.
Groups in Brent, Barnet, Haringey and Ealing will be the main focus, but outstanding applications from across London will be accepted.
Mr Pathak, whose franchise portfolio includes branches in Wembley, Cricklewood, Kilburn, Neasden and Colindale, said: “Supporting the community is not about dictating what we think the community needs, it is about supporting the needs of the community.
You may also want to watch:
“I am proud to launch the awards so that I can continue to do my bit to support and help the many excellent local community groups around London that may need that extra helping hand.”
Applicants do not have to be registered charities but must be doing some good for the community with a sustainable plan for longer term legacy of success beyond the one year partnership.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 8 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
To find out more and apply people can visit www.apptcorp.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is April 20.