Mayor of London offers £500 grants to keep Brent clean
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of London is offering grants to community groups and local businesses to help keep Brent clean.
Working with McDonald’s, Boris Johnson is inviting organisations to apply for up to £500 which will be used to tackle litter, rubbish and graffiti in parks, streets, estates, residential areas and waterways in the borough.
The money is being offered as part of the Mayor’s Capital Clean-up campaign which aims to
Bring volunteers together in rubbish clearing events to create cleaner, greener, and safer local environments.
Mr Johnson said: “Bringing people together to roll up their sleeves and tackle litter and mess in their communities can make the world of difference, giving areas a mini facelift and making them more enjoyable for locals and visitors alike.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope as many people as possible get involved in Capital Clean Up and help boost community pride by keeping our great city tidy and litter free.”
Now in its sixth year, Capital Clean-up has already helped thousands of Londoners to get together and hold clean-up events to smarten up their neighbourhood.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
There are more than 60 clean-up kits which includes litter pickers, tabards, bin bags and a £50 voucher to help provide new planting and painting, and create litter and graffiti free streets and parks.
For more information and to apply for a grant visit www.london.gov.uk/capitalclean-up or email firstname.lastname@example.org.