Mayor of London offers £500 grants to keep Brent clean
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of London is offering grants to community groups and local businesses to help keep Brent clean.
Working with McDonald’s, Boris Johnson is inviting organisations to apply for up to £500 which will be used to tackle litter, rubbish and graffiti in parks, streets, estates, residential areas and waterways in the borough.
The money is being offered as part of the Mayor’s Capital Clean-up campaign which aims to
Bring volunteers together in rubbish clearing events to create cleaner, greener, and safer local environments.
Mr Johnson said: “Bringing people together to roll up their sleeves and tackle litter and mess in their communities can make the world of difference, giving areas a mini facelift and making them more enjoyable for locals and visitors alike.
“I hope as many people as possible get involved in Capital Clean Up and help boost community pride by keeping our great city tidy and litter free.”
Now in its sixth year, Capital Clean-up has already helped thousands of Londoners to get together and hold clean-up events to smarten up their neighbourhood.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 4 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 5 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 6 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 7 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 10 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
There are more than 60 clean-up kits which includes litter pickers, tabards, bin bags and a £50 voucher to help provide new planting and painting, and create litter and graffiti free streets and parks.
For more information and to apply for a grant visit www.london.gov.uk/capitalclean-up or email email@example.com.