Mayhew’s star-studded Tinsel & Tails extravaganza raises £30,000
- Credit: Photo: Ian Morrison / DogstarPho
People with their pooches raised a staggering £30,000 at a Kensal Green charity’s glitzy fundraiser.
Celebrities came out for the Mayhew’s Tinsel & Tails Christmas extravaganza at the Grand Connaught Rooms in Holborn last night including host Kiss FM presenter Pandora Christie, and former S Club 7 singer Hannah Spearritt.
Guests enjoyed a three-course dinner, and were later treated to entertainment provided by BBC’s Pitch Battle contestants, The Noteables, an award winning pop chamber choir directed by comedian, Vikki Stone.
They could also bid for exclusive auction prizes including a 1995 Classic BMW driving experience at Silverstone.
A video was shown featuring the ongoing work the charity does out in the community providing support to vulnerable pet owners and homeless animals, to help prevent more animals ending up in the shelter environment.
Mayhew’s CEO, Caroline Yates, said: “It was a fantastic night and we raised an incredible amount.
Tinsel & Tails is always a fantastic event, bringing together our dogs, guests, supporters and celebrity friends for one night only.”
- 1 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 2 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 3 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 4 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 5 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 Police officers who shared photos of murdered sisters to be sentenced early next month
- 8 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 9 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 10 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
The evening was sponsored by Pets Pyjamas and Barkers For Dogs.