Mayhew’s star-studded Tinsel & Tails extravaganza raises £30,000
- Credit: Photo: Ian Morrison / DogstarPho
People with their pooches raised a staggering £30,000 at a Kensal Green charity’s glitzy fundraiser.
Celebrities came out for the Mayhew’s Tinsel & Tails Christmas extravaganza at the Grand Connaught Rooms in Holborn last night including host Kiss FM presenter Pandora Christie, and former S Club 7 singer Hannah Spearritt.
Guests enjoyed a three-course dinner, and were later treated to entertainment provided by BBC’s Pitch Battle contestants, The Noteables, an award winning pop chamber choir directed by comedian, Vikki Stone.
They could also bid for exclusive auction prizes including a 1995 Classic BMW driving experience at Silverstone.
A video was shown featuring the ongoing work the charity does out in the community providing support to vulnerable pet owners and homeless animals, to help prevent more animals ending up in the shelter environment.
Mayhew’s CEO, Caroline Yates, said: “It was a fantastic night and we raised an incredible amount.
Tinsel & Tails is always a fantastic event, bringing together our dogs, guests, supporters and celebrity friends for one night only.”
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 4 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 5 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 6 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 7 The Curious Incident of the Dog in The Night-Time: 'An A star for richly textured drama'
- 8 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 9 'Shameful' former police officers jailed for sharing photos of murdered sisters
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
The evening was sponsored by Pets Pyjamas and Barkers For Dogs.