Mayhew appeals for families to adopt kittens rescued during London riots
Kensal Green animal charity nurses felines back to health after thugs threw them around in Cricklewood
A family of cats who were found being throw around by thugs during the London riots have been nursed back to health and are ready for a new home.
Police visiting a house in Cricklewood last August, during the unrest, found the mother cat and her litter of two-week-old kittens being hurled by a group of people.
They rescued the terrified felines and took them to The Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green, where they have been looked after since.
The mother, Tammy, found a new loving home when her kittens were old enough, but the kittens themselves had a bout of bad health and spent several months in animal charity’s isolation block receiving treatment by the Mayhew’s vet team.
You may also want to watch:
Now fighting fit and looking for homes to call their own, Rod, Taylor and Jackie are waiting at for someone to give them their happy ever after.
They are now nine months old and are looking for homes all together, or independently.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 3 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 4 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 5 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 6 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 7 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 8 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 9 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 10 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
They adore affection and a good tumble about and a home with a garden is a must as they enjoy an adventure in the outdoors.
Joanna Puzzo, The Mayhew’s Cat Welfare Coordinator, said: “After their lucky escape from the London riots, it would be wonderful to wave goodbye to this terrific trio and know they will finally be able to get the love and attention they truly deserve.”
Anyone interested in adopting Rod, Taylor or Jackie can call Matthew Pearson on 020 8969 0178 or email firstname.lastname@example.org