Mayhew Animal Home to host summer open day on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
The Mayhew Animal Home in Kensal Green will be holding its annual summer open day on Sunday.
Visitors to the charity event in Trenmar Gardens, can enjoy a host of entertainment and activities including a tour of the veterinary surgery, live music, including a steel band, a delicious barbeque and street food.
They will also have the opportunity to examine x-rays, use the ultrasound probe, look down a microscope and suture a toy bear.
Star of the day will be former Mayhew resident Jake, a fully trained and licensed explosives search dog who will be giving a demonstration of his skills.
The popular event usually raises around £10,000 for the homeless cats and dogs which have been abandoned and neglected and it hopes to repeat its success.
You may also want to watch:
The event starts at noon and ends at 5pm.
Entry is £3 for adults and £2 for children and concessions.
For more information visit themayhew.org/events/summer-open-day-2015/
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears