Manchester City winger closes in on QPR switch
Midfielder set to be first of Warnock’s double swoop
Neil Warnock is set to make a double transfer swoop in the next 24 hours as Manchester City’s Shaun Wright-Phillips and Arsenal’s Armand Traore seal moves to Loftus Road.
The Rs’ bid for City winger Wright-Phillips was accepted earlier this week, and the England midfielder is expected to arrive in west London today (Tuesday) to complete the terms of a deal believed to be in the region of �2 million.
And Traore should become Warnock’s fourth signing of the Tony Fernandes era, the 21-year-old having undergone a medical yesterday.
Fernandes has already overseen the signings of Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton and defender Luke Young from Aston Villa.
You may also want to watch:
Warnock has been searching for another winger all summer, and is known to be an admirer of Wright-Phillips, who has a house in London.
Meanwhile, Traore will vie for the left-back slot with Clint Hill, while Birmingham City centre-back Scott Dann is also on Warnock’s wish-list.
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 6 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
- 7 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 8 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 9 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 10 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes