Manchester City winger closes in on QPR switch
Midfielder set to be first of Warnock’s double swoop
Neil Warnock is set to make a double transfer swoop in the next 24 hours as Manchester City’s Shaun Wright-Phillips and Arsenal’s Armand Traore seal moves to Loftus Road.
The Rs’ bid for City winger Wright-Phillips was accepted earlier this week, and the England midfielder is expected to arrive in west London today (Tuesday) to complete the terms of a deal believed to be in the region of �2 million.
And Traore should become Warnock’s fourth signing of the Tony Fernandes era, the 21-year-old having undergone a medical yesterday.
Fernandes has already overseen the signings of Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton and defender Luke Young from Aston Villa.
You may also want to watch:
Warnock has been searching for another winger all summer, and is known to be an admirer of Wright-Phillips, who has a house in London.
Meanwhile, Traore will vie for the left-back slot with Clint Hill, while Birmingham City centre-back Scott Dann is also on Warnock’s wish-list.
- 1 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 2 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 3 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 4 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes