Manchester City winger closes in on QPR switch
Midfielder set to be first of Warnock’s double swoop
Neil Warnock is set to make a double transfer swoop in the next 24 hours as Manchester City’s Shaun Wright-Phillips and Arsenal’s Armand Traore seal moves to Loftus Road.
The Rs’ bid for City winger Wright-Phillips was accepted earlier this week, and the England midfielder is expected to arrive in west London today (Tuesday) to complete the terms of a deal believed to be in the region of �2 million.
And Traore should become Warnock’s fourth signing of the Tony Fernandes era, the 21-year-old having undergone a medical yesterday.
Fernandes has already overseen the signings of Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton and defender Luke Young from Aston Villa.
Warnock has been searching for another winger all summer, and is known to be an admirer of Wright-Phillips, who has a house in London.
Meanwhile, Traore will vie for the left-back slot with Clint Hill, while Birmingham City centre-back Scott Dann is also on Warnock’s wish-list.
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 4 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 5 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 6 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 7 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 8 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 9 Neasden stabbing: Man charged with St Raphael's estate murder
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes