Man who stabbed pal jailed
A MAN who stabbed his friend four times during an argument over a deposit for a flat was jailed for 16 years. Khalid Ali, 37, leapt into the back seat of close friend Ahmed Guimale s car and plunged a kitchen knife into his chest as he sat strapped in by
A MAN who stabbed his friend four times during an argument over a deposit for a flat was jailed for 16 years.
Khalid Ali, 37, leapt into the back seat of close friend Ahmed Guimale's car and plunged a kitchen knife into his chest as he sat strapped in by a seatbelt in the driver's seat.
Mr Guimale and his girlfriend went to Ali's flat in Blackbird Court, Birchen Grove, Neasden, on April 6 this year to discuss her moving in to a flat in the block.
After drinking through the night the men argued the following morning and Guimale and his girlfriend got in the car to leave when Ali attacked Guimale, who he had known for 14 years, about the amount of deposit to be charged on the flat.
Ali then fled, dropping the knife at the scene and Mr Guimale, whose terrified girlfriend witnessed the attack from the front passenger seat, jumped out of the car not realising the severity of his injuries and collapsed.
He was rushed to hospital and treated for three stab wounds to the chest and one to the shoulder.
- 1 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 7 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 10 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
Jailing Ali, Judge Stephen Kramer, QC, said: "You came out of the block armed with one of your own kitchen knives and you proceeded to stab Mr Guimale four times.
"He was taken to hospital where, as one of the doctors who gave evidence said, but for treatment administered it was conceivable that he would have died."
Ali was caught on CCTV when he fled and remained on the run until he handed himself in to police on June 2.
Ali, now of Hanwell, denied attempted murder but admitted a lesser charge of unlawful wounding, for which he received no separate penalty.