Man suffers smoke inhalation after escaping flat fire in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
A man made a dramatic escape from a blaze which blew out the windows and doors of his flat in Wembley last night.
The man, who was in his 60s, was treated for smoke inhalation and taken to hospital as a precaution after his flat in Ealing Road, Wembley, was gutted by the powerful fire shortly after 8pm yesterday evening.
Twenty one firefighters took over an hour to tackle the blaze before it was eventually contained at 9.17pm.
A statement from London Fire Brigade said most of the flat was damaged in the blaze.
Crew Manager Andy Cuthbert, who attended the incident, said: “When we arrived the fire was already well developed and had blown the windows and doors out.
You may also want to watch:
“Crews wearing breathing apparatus got the fire under control very quickly but this just goes to show how fast fires can spread.
He added: “If there is a fire in your home, get out and call 999 as soon as possible.”
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 9 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
The cause of the fire is under investigation.