Man rollerblades round trip from London to Brighton for Kenton charity
- Credit: Archant
A skater has raise thousands of pounds for a Kenton charity by rollerblading from London to Brighton and back.
Kunal Patel took part in the challenging 114miles round trip in support of St Luke’s Hospice in Kenton Road, last week.
Gliding through narrow streets and dodging ‘unforgiving’ traffic, the kind-hearted volunteer raised £6,200 for the charity which cares and offers support to residents in Brent and Harrow suffering from terminal and incurable illnesses and their families.
The 27-year-old, from Harrow, said: “The first stretch was tougher than I expected as the roads weren’t so accommodating for my skates with paths that were half an arm distance in width. “On day one I ran seven miles as safety was a big concern, the traffic was not forgiving, becoming more dangerous towards late afternoon. The continuous battle with the roads tough surfaces and the up and down hills was fun but painful.
“I could not have done it without everyone’s support, friends, family, St Luke’s Hospice and my sponsors Lions Club of Sudbury whom have made huge efforts in helping raise funds.”
You may also want to watch:
Thanking his team mates Ricky Diaghe, Deborah Guisado, Andrew Contreras and Oliver Francis, he added: “I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart whom made this challenge possible.
“The team was by my side the entire journey through ups and down, twists and turns, death defying roads and painful moments!’”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
Mr Patel will continue to raise money for St Luke’s over the next month.