Man taken to hospital after jumping off North Circular footbridge near to Wembley Ikea
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital after jumping off a bridge onto the North Circular carriageway.
Police were called at 7:58am this morning to reports of a man in his 20s on the northbound carriageway of the North Circular near Ikea.
Officers stopped traffic to prevent the man from being hit by a car but he climbed a footbridge and jumped onto the road.
The road was closed between Brentfield Road and Great Central Way, with traffic stretching to Staples Corner as paramedics arrived.
The carriageway was reopened at about 10.25am.
You may also want to watch:
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We were called at 8:24am today to North Circular, Wembley to reports of an incident.
“We sent an incident response officer, an advanced paramedic and an ambulance crew at the scene.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
“We treated a man at the scene and took him to major trauma centre as a priority.”
A police spokesman said: “An update on the man’s condition awaits.”