Man in hospital after stab attack
by Anne-Sophie Briant and Aysha Askin A man is in a serious condition in hospital after he was stabbed in the back in a daylight attack. The victim, in his 30s, was found in Birchen Grove, Neasden, at around 10.50am with stab wounds to hi
by Anne-Sophie Briant and Aysha Askin
A man is in a serious condition in hospital after he was stabbed in the back in a daylight attack.
The victim, in his 30s, was found in Birchen Grove, Neasden, at around 10.50am with stab wounds to his back following the attack on Tuesday.
A Times source revealed the man, who was with his girlfriend at the time, had been stabbed three times and the pair are thought to know each other.
You may also want to watch:
Police would not comment on the reports and said no arrests have yet been made but said the victim was in a serious but improving condition in hospital.
The stabbing comes just two months after two young men were shot as they sat in a car in Blackbird Hill and residents remain cautious.
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Teenager jailed after robbing sex worker at knifepoint
- 4 Police appeal for missing woman from Cricklewood
- 5 The Repair Shop’s Jay Blades on how he mended his own life
- 6 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 7 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 8 Kilburn residents shout 'save our square' from over-development
- 9 Exhibition celebrating Gujarati influences launches in Willesden
- 10 Police officer convicted after being caught drink driving
An elderly Birchen Grove resident, who asked to remain anonymous, said: "Somebody was stabbed at the end of the road this morning. I'm not sure if it was on the road or inside the man's house.
"I saw flashing lights so I went out to have a look. The police aren't telling the residents anything.
"It happens so regularly around here. Just last year somebody was killed around the corner."
A neighbour, who asked not to be identified, said: "It's the third incident since I've moved here. My son tells me there are gangs down the road and drugs.
"It won't affect the way we live but I'm starting to wonder why I've moved in the area."
An employee of Wembley Prestige Cars, in Blackbird Hill, said: "We hadn't seen anything but only noticed a man on the floor when we heard a commotion across the road.
"A police car was trying to get in the road and the car opposite was gearing back to let way when it hit the car behind it.
"The noise from the car crash made us look out the window and that's when I saw the body on the floor."
Police enquiries continue and anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.