Man in hospital after stab attack
by Anne-Sophie Briant and Aysha Askin A man is in a serious condition in hospital after he was stabbed in the back in a daylight attack. The victim, in his 30s, was found in Birchen Grove, Neasden, at around 10.50am with stab wounds to hi
by Anne-Sophie Briant and Aysha Askin
A man is in a serious condition in hospital after he was stabbed in the back in a daylight attack.
The victim, in his 30s, was found in Birchen Grove, Neasden, at around 10.50am with stab wounds to his back following the attack on Tuesday.
A Times source revealed the man, who was with his girlfriend at the time, had been stabbed three times and the pair are thought to know each other.
Police would not comment on the reports and said no arrests have yet been made but said the victim was in a serious but improving condition in hospital.
The stabbing comes just two months after two young men were shot as they sat in a car in Blackbird Hill and residents remain cautious.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 3 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 4 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 10 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
An elderly Birchen Grove resident, who asked to remain anonymous, said: "Somebody was stabbed at the end of the road this morning. I'm not sure if it was on the road or inside the man's house.
"I saw flashing lights so I went out to have a look. The police aren't telling the residents anything.
"It happens so regularly around here. Just last year somebody was killed around the corner."
A neighbour, who asked not to be identified, said: "It's the third incident since I've moved here. My son tells me there are gangs down the road and drugs.
"It won't affect the way we live but I'm starting to wonder why I've moved in the area."
An employee of Wembley Prestige Cars, in Blackbird Hill, said: "We hadn't seen anything but only noticed a man on the floor when we heard a commotion across the road.
"A police car was trying to get in the road and the car opposite was gearing back to let way when it hit the car behind it.
"The noise from the car crash made us look out the window and that's when I saw the body on the floor."
Police enquiries continue and anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.