Man in hospital after stab attack
by Anne-Sophie Briant and Aysha Askin A man is in a serious condition in hospital after he was stabbed in the back in a daylight attack. The victim, in his 30s, was found in Birchen Grove, Neasden, at around 10.50am with stab wounds to hi
by Anne-Sophie Briant and Aysha Askin
A man is in a serious condition in hospital after he was stabbed in the back in a daylight attack.
The victim, in his 30s, was found in Birchen Grove, Neasden, at around 10.50am with stab wounds to his back following the attack on Tuesday.
A Times source revealed the man, who was with his girlfriend at the time, had been stabbed three times and the pair are thought to know each other.
You may also want to watch:
Police would not comment on the reports and said no arrests have yet been made but said the victim was in a serious but improving condition in hospital.
The stabbing comes just two months after two young men were shot as they sat in a car in Blackbird Hill and residents remain cautious.
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 4 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 5 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 8 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 9 Wembley Park's Summer on Screen festival kicks off with Gurinder Chadha Q&A
- 10 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
An elderly Birchen Grove resident, who asked to remain anonymous, said: "Somebody was stabbed at the end of the road this morning. I'm not sure if it was on the road or inside the man's house.
"I saw flashing lights so I went out to have a look. The police aren't telling the residents anything.
"It happens so regularly around here. Just last year somebody was killed around the corner."
A neighbour, who asked not to be identified, said: "It's the third incident since I've moved here. My son tells me there are gangs down the road and drugs.
"It won't affect the way we live but I'm starting to wonder why I've moved in the area."
An employee of Wembley Prestige Cars, in Blackbird Hill, said: "We hadn't seen anything but only noticed a man on the floor when we heard a commotion across the road.
"A police car was trying to get in the road and the car opposite was gearing back to let way when it hit the car behind it.
"The noise from the car crash made us look out the window and that's when I saw the body on the floor."
Police enquiries continue and anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.