Man in court accused of taking part in Harlesden murder
Victim died four days after being found unconscious on the street
A second man accused of killing a Filipino found in a street with head injuries denied a murder charge at the Old Bailey today (Wednesday).
Victor Wilkins, 27, is said to have taken part in an attack on 29 year-old in Cecil Road, Harlesden, last summer.
The victim, who died in hospital on August 17, was only identified after police issued photographs of his distinctive tattoos.
Wilkins and his co-accused David Van Der Riet, 34, appeared in court by video link from prison for a plea and case management hearing.
Both are due to stand trial on June 6 alongside Rochelle Zapanta, 25, who is accused of perverting the course of justice by disposing of a mobile phone and rucksack belonging to Mr Maderazo.
Wilkins pleaded not guilty to a single charge of murder.
- 1 Flats approved for Brondesbury Park
- 2 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 3 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 4 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 5 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 6 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 7 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 8 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 9 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
Van Der Riet has already pleaded not guilty to murder and two counts of possessing class A drugs with intent, relating to 32g of methylamphetamine, which is better known as crystal meth.
Van Der Riet from Brentford, and Wilkins, from Notting Hill, were remanded in custody.
Zapanta, of Connaught Road, Willesden, is on conditional bail.
Mr Maderazo was found with serious head injuries at 5am on August 13 last year.
A post mortem gave the cause of death as head injuries.
The trial is expected to last up to three weeks.