Man dies in suspected hit-and-run in Park Royal
Female driver is arrested after failing to stop at the scene
A man has died in a suspected hit-and-run incident in Park Royal.
Alan Robert Palmer, of no fixed address, was in collision with a Blue Micra on the northbound carriageway of the North Circular Road on Tuesday at 10pm.
Despite the efforts of paramedics the 40-year-old died at the scene opposite a Mercedes Benz showroom.
A post mortem concluded he died of multiple injuries.
The 50-year-old female driver did not stop at the scene but she was located a mile away and arrested.
She has been bailed to re-attend a police station at the end of April.
- 1 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 2 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 3 Police officers who shared photos of murdered sisters to be sentenced early next month
- 4 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 5 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 6 Omicron: Mosque reopens as vaccine centre to meet demand
- 7 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 8 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 9 Wembley Stadium hosts careers expo to help Brent young people into City jobs
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
The detective investigating the incident is appealing for witnesses to come forward.
DS Chris Osborne, of the Road Death Investigation Unit at Alperton, said: “Although this happened late at night it is still a busy section of road. I am appealing to anyone who saw the collision to contact us in order that we can get a full picture of exactly what happened.
“If anyone saw either the pedestrian or car at any time before or after the incident I would like them to get in touch”.
Anyone with information should call the Road Traffic Collision Investigation Unit on 020 8998 5319 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.