Man dies in suspected hit-and-run in Park Royal
Female driver is arrested after failing to stop at the scene
A man has died in a suspected hit-and-run incident in Park Royal.
Alan Robert Palmer, of no fixed address, was in collision with a Blue Micra on the northbound carriageway of the North Circular Road on Tuesday at 10pm.
Despite the efforts of paramedics the 40-year-old died at the scene opposite a Mercedes Benz showroom.
A post mortem concluded he died of multiple injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The 50-year-old female driver did not stop at the scene but she was located a mile away and arrested.
She has been bailed to re-attend a police station at the end of April.
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 3 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 6 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Residents oppose plans for a third slot machine 'casino' in Harlesden
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
The detective investigating the incident is appealing for witnesses to come forward.
DS Chris Osborne, of the Road Death Investigation Unit at Alperton, said: “Although this happened late at night it is still a busy section of road. I am appealing to anyone who saw the collision to contact us in order that we can get a full picture of exactly what happened.
“If anyone saw either the pedestrian or car at any time before or after the incident I would like them to get in touch”.
Anyone with information should call the Road Traffic Collision Investigation Unit on 020 8998 5319 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.