Man dies in suspected hit-and-run in Park Royal
Female driver is arrested after failing to stop at the scene
A man has died in a suspected hit-and-run incident in Park Royal.
Alan Robert Palmer, of no fixed address, was in collision with a Blue Micra on the northbound carriageway of the North Circular Road on Tuesday at 10pm.
Despite the efforts of paramedics the 40-year-old died at the scene opposite a Mercedes Benz showroom.
A post mortem concluded he died of multiple injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The 50-year-old female driver did not stop at the scene but she was located a mile away and arrested.
She has been bailed to re-attend a police station at the end of April.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 7 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
The detective investigating the incident is appealing for witnesses to come forward.
DS Chris Osborne, of the Road Death Investigation Unit at Alperton, said: “Although this happened late at night it is still a busy section of road. I am appealing to anyone who saw the collision to contact us in order that we can get a full picture of exactly what happened.
“If anyone saw either the pedestrian or car at any time before or after the incident I would like them to get in touch”.
Anyone with information should call the Road Traffic Collision Investigation Unit on 020 8998 5319 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.