Man dies in Kenton car collision following police chase
- Credit: Archant
A motorist has died in a car collision in Kenton which followed a police pursuit.
Police and emergency services were called to Kenton Road at 1.10am this morning where a man was pronounced dead at the scene, Scotland Yard said.
The crash has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) who said police had tried to stop the car involved in the collision a short time before.
A spokesman for the IPCC said: “It is understood the police attempted to carry out a stop on the car a short time before the collision and a pursuit took place.
“It is also understood that the pursuit was terminated prior to the collision.
You may also want to watch:
“The IPCC will be investigating the circumstances surrounding the actions of the police prior to the collision.”
Kenton Road was closed in both directions earlier between Nash Way and Elmwood Avenue but is now fully reopened.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer