Man dies in Harlesden after suffering heart attack
- Credit: Archant
A 56-year-old man has died after suffering a heart attack on the street in Harlesden.
He has been named by his family as Douglas Newell, who lived in Harlesden.
Mr Newell collapsed after suffering a heart attack on the street.
Eyewitnesses believed he had collapsed at the wheel of a car, but his family have since said he fell unconscious in the street by the roadside while walking.
The emergency services were called to Acton Lane, near Harlesden Overground Station, at 8.02am on Saturday and found Mr Newell collapsed at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the efforts of paramedics to save him, he was pronounced dead.
His niece, Aundrea, paid tribute to her uncle. She told The Times: “He was my uncle, but also a brother, a father and a grand-father.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
“Our family are in the midst of supporting one another and coming to terms with what has happened.
“It’s very sudden. He will be missed.”
Acton Lane, near Eagles Tyres, was blocked for several hours while emergency services were on the scene.
A spokeswoman for LAS said: “We were called at 8:02am to reports of an incident on Acton Lane.
“We sent an advanced paramedic practitioner, a responder by car and an ambulance crew to the scene.
“We treated a person for a cardiac arrest.
“Sadly despite the extensive efforts of our crews a person was pronounced dead at the scene.”