Man dies in Harlesden after suffering heart attack
- Credit: Archant
A 56-year-old man has died after suffering a heart attack on the street in Harlesden.
He has been named by his family as Douglas Newell, who lived in Harlesden.
Mr Newell collapsed after suffering a heart attack on the street.
Eyewitnesses believed he had collapsed at the wheel of a car, but his family have since said he fell unconscious in the street by the roadside while walking.
The emergency services were called to Acton Lane, near Harlesden Overground Station, at 8.02am on Saturday and found Mr Newell collapsed at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the efforts of paramedics to save him, he was pronounced dead.
His niece, Aundrea, paid tribute to her uncle. She told The Times: “He was my uncle, but also a brother, a father and a grand-father.
- 1 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 2 Michelin-starred Atul Kochlar to open Indian in Wembley Park
- 3 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 4 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears
- 5 St Raphael's Estate infill plans goes ahead but regeneration 'not off the table'
- 6 Bold Cricklewood mural heralds the development of Brent Cross Town
- 7 'Sorry kids Christmas is cancelled again this year'
- 8 Colleagues taking credit over public toilet in Alperton 'stinks' says councillor
- 9 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 10 Grieving Kingsbury mother told she must wear black robe to attend graduation
“Our family are in the midst of supporting one another and coming to terms with what has happened.
“It’s very sudden. He will be missed.”
Acton Lane, near Eagles Tyres, was blocked for several hours while emergency services were on the scene.
A spokeswoman for LAS said: “We were called at 8:02am to reports of an incident on Acton Lane.
“We sent an advanced paramedic practitioner, a responder by car and an ambulance crew to the scene.
“We treated a person for a cardiac arrest.
“Sadly despite the extensive efforts of our crews a person was pronounced dead at the scene.”