Man dies and woman fighting for her life after being hit by car in Willesden Green
- Credit: Archant
A man has died and a woman is fighting for her life after they were hit by a car in Willesden Green last night.
Police and paramedics were called to Willesden Lane, at the junction Walm Lane, at around 11.30pm, where the man aged in his 30s was pronounced dead at the scene.
The woman, who is in her 20s, was rushed to hospital where she is in a critical condition.
The 33-year-old male driver of the Mercedes C Class was taken to hospital suffering minor injuries but his male passenger fled the scene before police arrived.
The driver has since been discharged and arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, causing serious injury by dangerous driving and drink drinking.
He is currently in police custody.
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit in Alperton are appealing for witnesses, or anyone with any information, to contact them as soon as possible.
- 1 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 6 Polio virus detected in sewage in Brent
- 7 MOBO Awards founder awarded honorary degree
- 8 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 9 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
Anyone with information should call 020 8991 9555 or 101.