Man dies and woman fighting for her life after being hit by car in Willesden Green
- Credit: Archant
A man has died and a woman is fighting for her life after they were hit by a car in Willesden Green last night.
Police and paramedics were called to Willesden Lane, at the junction Walm Lane, at around 11.30pm, where the man aged in his 30s was pronounced dead at the scene.
The woman, who is in her 20s, was rushed to hospital where she is in a critical condition.
The 33-year-old male driver of the Mercedes C Class was taken to hospital suffering minor injuries but his male passenger fled the scene before police arrived.
The driver has since been discharged and arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, causing serious injury by dangerous driving and drink drinking.
You may also want to watch:
He is currently in police custody.
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit in Alperton are appealing for witnesses, or anyone with any information, to contact them as soon as possible.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
Anyone with information should call 020 8991 9555 or 101.