Man dies after he is hit by van at Staples Corner
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after he was hit by a van at Staples Corner yesterday evening.
The 55-year-old died at the scene on the M1 southbound off-slip at 7pm.
The driver of the van stopped at the scene and was arrested in connection with the investigation.
He remains in custody at a north London police station.
The pedestrian’s next of kin have been informed but formal identification has not taken place.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Alperton traffic garage on 020 8991 9555.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 10 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess