Man dies after being struck by train at Wembley Central Station
Bakerloo and Overground Lines were temporarily suspended following lunchtime incident
A man has died after he was stuck by a train at Wembley Central train station this afternoon.
British Transport Police (BTP) officers were called to the Bakerloo and Overgound Line station at 1.30pm.
The man was stuck by an Overground Euston to Watford train and pronounced dead at the scene.
Both lines were suspended following the incident and normal service was resumed at 2.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for BTP said: “Enquires are ongoing to establish the identity of the man and inform his family.
“A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 4 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 5 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 6 Brent's community lead offers condolences to murdered sisters' families
- 7 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines