Man dies after being struck by train at Wembley Central Station
Bakerloo and Overground Lines were temporarily suspended following lunchtime incident
A man has died after he was stuck by a train at Wembley Central train station this afternoon.
British Transport Police (BTP) officers were called to the Bakerloo and Overgound Line station at 1.30pm.
The man was stuck by an Overground Euston to Watford train and pronounced dead at the scene.
Both lines were suspended following the incident and normal service was resumed at 2.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for BTP said: “Enquires are ongoing to establish the identity of the man and inform his family.
“A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 9 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield