Man dies after being hit by lorry in Wembley
- Credit: PA WIRE
An elderly man has died after he was hit by a lorry in Wembley this afternoon.
The pedestrian, who is in his 70s, was pronounced dead at the scene in Wembley Park Drive at the junction of Wembley Hill Road, at around 2.15pm.
The driver of the vehicle stopped at the scene and was not arrrested.
Police are currently trying to trace the man’s next of kin.
Road closures are currently in place and are expected to last for several hours.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Alperton are investigating the circumstances and would like witnesses to call them on the dedicated witness line on 020 8991 9555.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer