Man dies after being hit by bus
Glenn McMahon A MAN has died from his injuries after being hit by a double-decker bus on Sunday. The fatal accident happened at the junction of Cricklewood Broadway and Chichele Road, Cricklewood, at around 6.55pm on Sunday. John Mulligan, 55, of Iv
A MAN has died from his injuries after being hit by a double-decker bus on Sunday.
The fatal accident happened at the junction of Cricklewood Broadway and Chichele Road, Cricklewood, at around 6.55pm on Sunday.
John Mulligan, 55, of Ivy Road, Cricklewood, and originally from Ireland, was taken to the Royal Free Hospital, Hampstead, with head injuries where he later died.
You may also want to watch:
The 266 bus was turning right into Chichele Road, where there is no pedestrian phase to the lights, when the incident happened.
Former conservative Councillor for Mapesbury ward, Jack Sayers, of Howard Road, Cricklewood, said: "It's a dangerous crossing. There should be some pedestrian lights. It's bloody ridiculous."
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 3 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 4 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 5 Neasden businessman left in lurch by HSBC loan programme
- 6 QPR boss Warburton 'savoured' his side's penalty shoot-out win over Everton
- 7 Crowds flock to Queen's Park Book Festival 2021
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 10 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
PC Chris Osborn, of Alperton Traffic Garage, said: "We know the area was very busy at the time of the collision and we would urge anyone who witnessed the collision to come forward."
Police would particularly like to speak to anyone who was on the 266 bus or went to Mr Mulligan's aid.
A post mortem will be held tomorrow (Wednesday).
Witness Line on 020 8998 5319
A 33 year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He was taken to a West London police station and later bailed until June pending further enquiries.