Man dies after being hit by bus
Glenn McMahon A MAN has died from his injuries after being hit by a double-decker bus on Sunday. The fatal accident happened at the junction of Cricklewood Broadway and Chichele Road, Cricklewood, at around 6.55pm on Sunday. John Mulligan, 55, of Iv
A MAN has died from his injuries after being hit by a double-decker bus on Sunday.
The fatal accident happened at the junction of Cricklewood Broadway and Chichele Road, Cricklewood, at around 6.55pm on Sunday.
John Mulligan, 55, of Ivy Road, Cricklewood, and originally from Ireland, was taken to the Royal Free Hospital, Hampstead, with head injuries where he later died.
You may also want to watch:
The 266 bus was turning right into Chichele Road, where there is no pedestrian phase to the lights, when the incident happened.
Former conservative Councillor for Mapesbury ward, Jack Sayers, of Howard Road, Cricklewood, said: "It's a dangerous crossing. There should be some pedestrian lights. It's bloody ridiculous."
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 3 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 4 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 6 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 7 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 8 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 9 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 10 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
PC Chris Osborn, of Alperton Traffic Garage, said: "We know the area was very busy at the time of the collision and we would urge anyone who witnessed the collision to come forward."
Police would particularly like to speak to anyone who was on the 266 bus or went to Mr Mulligan's aid.
A post mortem will be held tomorrow (Wednesday).
Witness Line on 020 8998 5319
A 33 year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He was taken to a West London police station and later bailed until June pending further enquiries.