Man dies after being hit by a train while running away from the police in Willesden Green
A man has died after being hit by a train while fleeing the police in Willesden Green on Tuesday evening.
The man, believed to be in his 20s, was stopped by two officers who believed him to be in possession of drugs in Christchurch Avenue at 4.25pm.
While he was being searched he broke away and made off on foot.
Both officers gave chase and he was pursued and observed from a distance for around 40 minutes by a police helicopter and search dogs.
During that time he ran into gardens, climb over fences and went onto railway lines where he was hit by a train near Dartmouth Road at 5.12pm.
You may also want to watch:
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination will be arranged in due course.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
Officers from the Directorate of Professional Standards have been informed.